Friday, September 25, 2015

The Year I Skipped

I realized that it's been a year since I posted anything. That somehow tells you how busy that past year has been. 365 days. How can so many things happen in what seems like such a short span of time?

The year I skipped was really rock n' roll. Arnaud and I decided to become friends, and I faced a new "Boracay Season" with a little heart ache. But, as with every new season, the winds and the tides brought in a beginning of sorts, along with new friends, new experiences and new opportunities.

 Aaah the kites up at Bulabog. The view we look forward to every year. 

The island's party folk greeting the sunrise after a mad Halloween party. 

The famous Boracay sunset that steals the show every single day.

Laid back days in the sun, wild Full Moon parties, island drama, more kindred spirits--that season was everything it promised to be. And for me, it was the best one yet. I could specify the many events that happened this past year but I think it's better to mention the most significant one:


I moved to another island.


Wait, what?

I believe I've been hinting at "graduating" from the island in past posts. I guess I was just waiting for an opportunity. I moved to Boracay to get out of my comfort zone, then it turned into a comfort zone. So after 6 priceless years in paradise, it was time for a new adventure. And that's how I ended up here, in Bali. :)



Rice paddies in my neighborhood. 

Me practicing on a scooter--the best way to get around Bali. 

Hanging with the girls after an afternoon with the waves.

Bali. Wow, this is a whole new story. 5 months in this place and I already have a book-load of tales. But we'll save those for another time.

Truth is, Bali doesn't feel very different from Boracay. In fact, it feels like Boracay on a bigger scale. Wider beaches (though mostly dark sand), more parties, more tourists and more groceries! Haha! So although people would consider moving countries a leap, I consider it more of...(you guessed it)a skip. A happy one. The kind you do when you're strolling along to your favorite song. The kind you do when you excitedly want to get to where you're going to. 


No comments: