Saturday, February 11, 2012

525, 600 Minutes

(This entry was written in January. Sorry for the late post. :P)

One year. 365 days. 525,600 minutes.

It's amazing how things can change dramatically in just one year. If someone had told me a year ago that in just 365 days, I wouldn't be in the same relationship, that I wouldn't be in the same house, that the shy French boy I invited over for my birthday dinner will be the one I spend my next birthday with… I wouldn't have believed it.

But the universe is awesome in that way. It rocks and flips and spins you around and you get dizzy and angry and confused but before you know it, you are right where you're supposed to be.

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights in cups of coffee.

This is why I like keeping a blog as well as an "offline" journal. It helps me keep track of the changes, gives me something to reflect on and it almost always amuses me to death when I revisit it. Somewhere between routine or seemingly ordinary entries like "afternoon coffee" or "dinner with the girls" a year comes together as one spectacular bundle of sunsets, nights out, and incredible island living. 



 

In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you
measure a year in the life?


Yes a year packs a lot. Some friends will not be friends anymore, complete strangers become dear friends, big problems won't be a big deal after all, wounds will heal and plans can change.

How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of love.


January has been a month of learning. I have spent it getting to know a new person, a new language, new friends, new projects, new recipes and even a new sport! And yes, I am loving each and everyone of them.

It has been a steady, dreamy, busy, funny and happy month. And folks, that's just the first 31 days. :)

How has your year changed? 


Photos: 1. hearts for my kubo from good friend Dencio 2&3. full moon birthday night with friends, 4. greeting the sunrise on my birthday, 5. me and my birthday date on a ferris wheel, 6. one of the yummy things he makes for me 7. the notebook where I write my french word/phrase of the day 8&9. playing in Nabaoy river 10. croque monsieur 11. work space 12&13. behind the scenes of our 1983 beach shoot 14. with Bacs on Bolabog beach

and for those who don't know the italicized lines are lyrics of the song 525 600 minutes, from the musical Rent. :)

1 comment:

i'm an island girl said...

Happy! Here's to the rest of the year! :)