Monday, April 11, 2011

Wonderword: Breathe

Breathe. We need this to live yet sometimes we forget to do it. It happens to me too, for both good and not so good reasons. But it is a pretty appropriate word for the weeks that passed and the week to come. My days have been made up of my breath. From Running out of it during dragonboat practice to learning to share it in CPR training. Then lately, I found myself asking for space to breathe. Which should be a good thing. In yoga, we learn that proper breathing removes toxins, rejuvenates the skin, stimulates proper circulation, improves the nervous system and strengthens the heart.

Next week, I together with my island girl friends will "take a breather" and swim with the whale sharks in Donsol. I am excited, it has been my dream to see these beautiful, gentle and giant creatures. I am also hoping that the time away will get us all charged and cheered up and be enough to clear the stale air of incessant issues and bad vibes. I will breathe, to strengthen my heart. :)

Now, for inspiration! Take a look at the diverse and lovely images of "breathe" that might just elicit a little sigh. Enjoy. :-D






all photos from we heart it.com
except for the third photo, from
Ben Heine

No comments: